Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cracker Barrel

Ok, so yesterday was my crazy red headed neighbor's (and very good friend of mine) birthday! I was obnoxious and wrote on her car windows with a white and blue window marker. Well I actually wrote on both of her cars in case she wanted to get out of driving the one with writing.. Well we had a MOPS meeting in the morning yesterday and we went to lunch at Cracker Barrel (one of my husband's favorite restaurants) afterwards. It was a yummy lunch! I tried calling my husband to let him know where I was. He doesn't get good signal in his office, and he didn't answer his work number. So I left a message on his cell phone. Good enough I thought.

Well we decided to go to Michael's (the craft store) afterwards to look at some crafty stuff and my friend gets a phone call... its my hubby calling from his work number. He asked to speak to me. The conversation went like this:

Me "Hello"

Him "Hi, where's your phone?"

Me "In the diaper bag in the car, why?"

Him "No it's not"

Me (thinking, how in the world do you know) "well then, where is it?"

Him "Cracker Barrel" (he hadn't listened to his voice mail yet)

Me "Oh, oops. How did you find that out."

Him "Well I was calling to say hello and see how your day is going, and some guy answered your phone. Then this guy continues to explain to me that my wife must have left her phone at the table while she was eating lunch (at my favorite restaurant without me)"

Me (laughing histerically in the middle of the store) "I'm sorry honey, I guess you didn't hear the voice mail I left you then?....."

Maybe you had to be there.. It must have been funny to see his face when he was more upset to hear that I ate at Cracker Barrel without him than he was that some strange man answered my cell phone. I picked up my phone today and the manager who spoke to my husband on the phone said, "oh YOU"RE the woman who left her pink phone here yesterday.." and brought me my cell phone with a funny expression on his face. I wonder if he could sense my husband's disappointment over the phone line.

No comments: